Air Fryer Carrots
Air fryer carrots are a great and easy way to prepare carrots quickly and without much hassle. Once peeled and cut, carrots cooked in the air fryer will take about 15 minutes to cook. The air fried carrots will get soft and develop a light crust. While I also like to roast carrots in a conventional oven , air fryer roasted carrots are quicker and very little hassle.
Brown Sugar and Butter Glaze
While the carrots are cooking, make the brown sugar butter glaze and chop the parsley. The brown sugar butter syrup should only take about 5 minutes to make. When finished cooking, toss air fried carrots with parsley and this sweet butter sauce. The brown sugar and butter glaze amps up the flavor and the chopped parsley adds some herby freshness.
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic
Since we are already making roasted carrots in the air fryer, we can make air fryer roasted garlic as well. Just coat the garlic with oil and wrap in aluminum foil. This air fryer garlic can be made into a roasted garlic paste after cooking and added to the brown sugar and butter sauce. Incorporating air fryer roasted garlic will step up the flavor of the dish without any additional time and very little work.
Ingredients and Preparation
The raw ingredients for these air fried roasted carrots are simple. First, peel the carrots and cut on the diagonal so that you have oval shapes that are about a quarter inch thick. Toss carrots and garlic with oil and salt, wrap garlic in aluminum foil, put carrots in air fryer with garlic at 400 deg F and cook for about 15 minutes. Shake the carrots in air fryer every five to seven minutes to redistribute and get even cooking.
While the carrots are air frying, make the sweet butter sauce. Heat up brown sugar and water to a gentle boil, and then whisk in butter to make a butter syrup. When air fryer roasted garlic is finished cooking and cooled down, turn into a paste and whisk in the air fryer garlic paste to the brown sugar butter glaze.
Finish the Carrots With Parsley and Brown Sugar Butter Syrup Glaze
When roasted carrots are finished cooking, toss the finished air fried carrots with parsley and the sweet butter sauce. Season with salt to taste. Server immediately and enjoy!
Air Fryer Carrots with Parsley and Brown Sugar Butter Glaze
- Air Fryer
- 2 lb carrots peeled, cut on a diagonal, about 0.25 inch thick
- 2 clove garlic skin on, cut off top quarter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp butter cut into small cubes
- 0.25 cup parsley, chopped
Cook Carrots in Air Fryer
- Toss carrots and garlic with vegetable oil and salt until well coated. Wrap garlic in aluminum foil. Put in air fryer at 400 deg F. Cook until carrots are soft all the way through – about 15 minutes.
Make brown sugar and butter glaze
- Mix brown sugar and water together. Heat up on stovetop until sugar is melted and the syrup is starting to bubble. Turn down heat and whisk in the butter cubes. Add a pinch of salt. This brown sugar and butter sauce should be thick enough to stick to the carrots when mixed.
- When garlic is done cooking and slightly cooled, squeeze it out of the skins. Use your knife to make sure it's a paste. Mix this paste thoroughly into the brown sugar and butter glaze. Gently mix air fried carrots, brown sugar butter glaze, and chopped parsley together in a large mixing bowl. Serve immediately and garnish with more chopped parsley.
Some Related Air Fryer Recipes: