This rigatoni with chicken in rose sauce is creamy and deliciously satisfying. The addition of a little cream takes the traditional tomato pasta dish in a whole new tasty direction. Topped with grated parmesan and fresh parsley, this creamy tomato chicken pasta hits the spot.
Rigatoni With Rose Sauce and Sauteed Chicken
This pasta with rose sauce and chicken is a hearty and delicious dish. The recipe is very similar to a simple pasta with tomato sauce. Cook tomatoes with garlic and onion to make a simple tomato sauce, like usual. But then the addition of cream takes the dish in a completely new direction. This blush sauce, or pink sauce, is different in flavor and color than a pure tomato sauce. A generous amount of parmesan is also added along with the cream, making this rose sauce indulgently delicious.
Tomato Cream Sauce / Rose Sauce / Blush Sauce / Pink Sauce / Alla Rosa Sauce
A rose by any other name……or in this case, a rosé sauce by many other names.
Rose sauce, pink sauce, blush sauce and alla rosa sauce are all different names for basically the same sauce – a tomato cream sauce. Make a basic tomato sauce (e.g. cook tomatoes with garlic and onion) and then add heavy cream. That’s basically it. I grew up with this being called a rose sauce, or rosé sauce, pronounced rose – ay. But there are many other names for it, all referring to the pink hue that results from mixing the red tomato sauce and the white cream. Blush sauce and pink sauce are English color descriptions while alla rosa sauce is Italian. Tomato cream sauce mentions the ingredients instead of the color.
Rigatoni With Chicken and Blush Sauce
To make rigatoni with chicken and blush sauce, first boil some salted water and cook the rigatoni. Meanwhile, make the tomato sauce. Saute some onions in olive oil until translucent. Then add garlic, and shortly after add tomatoes and basil. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 20 minutes or so.
To make the final dish, saute the chicken in olive oil. When almost cooked, add the tomato sauce. Finish cooking the chicken in the tomato sauce. Then add the cream. The sauce will become a pink sauce or blush sauce.
Now add the pasta to the tomato cream sauce. Add the cheese and fresh parsley. Mix together thoroughly. Turn off the heat. The pasta with blush sauce and chicken is finished.
Pasta with Chicken and Pink Sauce
Serve the pasta with pink sauce immediately. Sprinkle with parmesan and freshly chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Rigatoni with Chicken in Rose Sauce
- 1 lb rigatoni
- 0.5 lb chicken breast, cubed into 0.5" pieces
- 15 oz canned tomato sauce
- 2 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 0.5 each onion, diced small
- 3 leaves basil
- 0.5 cup cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 0.5 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Cook rigatoni in boiling salted water. Set pasta aside.
- While cooking pasta, make a quick tomato sauce. Saute onions in one tablespoon of olive oil with some salt. When onions are soft and translucent, add garlic and cook for a minute or two. Add canned tomato sauce and basil leaves. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Saute chicken in one tablespoon of olive oil with some salt in a large pot or pan. Add tomato sauce and finish cooking chicken. Add cream and mix. Add the cooked pasta and 0.5 cup of parmesan, and mix together. Add 0.25 cup of parsley and mix together.
- Serve immediately. Top with the reserved grated parmesan and fresh parsley.
Other tomato cream sauce / rose sauce / blush sauce recipes: