Air Fryer Chickpeas
These air fryer chickpeas are a quick crunchy snack that are hard to stop eating. It’s quite satisfying to see what you can produce in 20 minutes with a can of chickpeas and an air fryer. The pale chickpeas in the can completely transform in color, texture, and flavor with hardly any work on your part. The resulting air fryer garbanzo beans are crispy and delicious. They’re a nice healthy alternative if you are looking for a crispy snack without the guilt.
Cooking Chickpeas in Air Fryer
Cooking roasted chickpeas in air fryer couldn’t be simpler. The air fryer does the work of dehydrating and cooking the garbanzos. Toss the chickpeas with oil and seasoning. This spicy chickpeas recipe adds hot sauce as well. Use your favorite hot sauce. Here I use a moderate amount of Cholula hot sauce. Feel free to adjust the amount of hot sauce for how spicy you want your spicy chickpeas. After cooking the garbanzo beans in air fryer, the liquid of the hot sauce evaporates leaving only heat and flavor behind.
Put chickpeas in air fryer at 400 deg. F for about 20 – 30 minutes. Shake them about every seven minutes to redistribute and get even cooking. Air fried chickpeas are finished when they are a deep golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes when finished cooking.
You can enjoy as is, or toss with freshly chopped cilantro to add some herby freshness. Air fried garbanzo beans are good as a snack by themselves. Or you can use them to add texture to other dishes such as a salad.
Spicy Air Fryer Chickpeas With Cilantro
- Air Fryer
- 2 15 oz. cans chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp hot sauce Cholula was used in this recipe but use your favorite
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.25 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients thoroughly except for cilantro.
- Put into air fryer at 400 deg. F for approximately 20 – 30 minutes, until chickpeas are dark golden brown. Shake basket about every 7 minutes to redistribute garbanzo beans. The garbanzo beans on the top will brown more quickly. If you have a small air fryer, you can work in batches to prevent overcrowding. When finished cooking, let cool for a few minutes. Serve as is or toss with fresh cilantro.