This tomato pasta with zucchini is light, delicious, and quick. Toss in fresh parsley and parmesan cheese at the end to add a fresh flavor boost to this simple and tasty vegetarian pasta.
Tomato Pasta With Zucchini
Tomato pasta with zucchini is a satisfying and delicious meal that can be made in under 30 minutes. If you keep passing over the zucchini at the grocery store because you are unsure what to do with it, zucchini and linguine with tomatoes, garlic, parmesan, and fresh herbs is a great way to go. Plus, it’s a wholesome and healthy vegetarian pasta.
Zucchini Pasta Ingredients
Most likely, you have many of the vegetarian pasta ingredients already in your pantry. Of course, you will need pasta – here I am using linguine, though you can use any pasta you like. I use butter here to cook the zucchini, but you can use olive oil or a neutral flavored oil if you prefer. Next, tomatoes and garlic will go in with our zucchini. Finally, we will finish the tomato and zucchini pasta with parmesan and fresh chopped parsley.
Making Tomato Pasta and Zucchini with Parmesan and Parsley
To make tomato and squash pasta, first cook linguine to al dente. Set aside pasta reserving about two cups of pasta water. You will probably not use this much pasta water later on, but it’s good to have just in case.
First, heat butter in a large saute pan. Add sliced zucchini and cook for a couple minutes. Add sliced garlic and cook for two more minutes. Put in tomatoes and cook for additional five minutes.
Now add the pasta to the pan and toss the pasta with the other ingredients. Add some pasta water to bring everything in the pan together. Add the parsley and toss. Finally add parmesan and toss the vegetarian pasta very well to emulsify the cheese into the sauce. Add more pasta water if you need more liquid in the sauce.
Serving The Tomato and Squash Pasta
Serve the tomato and squash pasta immediately. Top the vegetarian pasta with extra parmesan and freshly chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Tomato Pasta With Zucchini
- stove top
- 1 lb linuine, dry
- 1 lb zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 8 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thin
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red chili flakes optional
- Cook linguine in salted water until just cooked. Reserve 2 cups of pasta water.
- Heat butter on stovetop in a large pan (one big enough to hold all the pasta). Add zucchini and saute for a couple minutes. Add garlic and cook for two minutes. Add tomatoes, mix, and cook for about five minutes.
- Add linguine and parsley to pan (reserve a quarter cup parsley for garnish). Add about 0.5 to 1 cup of the pasta water and mix together. Cook for about two minutes. Add parmesan to pan (reserve a quarter cup parmesan for garnish) and mix well. Adjust the consistency of the sauce to your liking using the reserved pasta water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve pasta immediately. Garnish with reserved parmesan and parsley.
Other Tomato, Vegetable, & Pasta Recipes