This oven poached salmon with yogurt dill sauce is delicious and nutritious. Oven poaching with lemon and herbs produces moist and aromatic salmon every time. The yogurt dill sauce puts this healthy & tasty dish over the top.
Oven Poached Salmon
This oven poached salmon recipe produces perfectly cooked fish that is moist and full of flavor. Salmon is great to eat as part of regular healthy diet due to its high omega 3 content. Plus it’s delicious and easy to cook. The fish is high in fat, and therefore does not easily overcook. The best way to get the most tender and juicy salmon is to cook it gently. This oven poaching method slowly cooks the salmon as it is surrounded by lemon, herbs, and other aromatics.
The skin of the salmon is not used in this recipe (though crispy salmon skin is delicious and highly recommended when possible). Put herbs (dill and parsley), lemon zest, and garlic in the bottom of an oven safe dish. Add a little water and freshly squeezed lemon juice to the bottom of the dish. Season salmon with salt and place on top of herbs and lemon. Cover and put into a 350 deg oven for about 20 minutes.
Remove oven poached salmon when just barely cooked through. Internal temperature should be at 125 deg. Let salmon rest covered for another five to ten minutes to gently finish cooking using the residual heat in the baking dish.
Dill Yogurt Sauce
While the salmon is in the oven, make the yogurt dill sauce. Combine yogurt, a little mayo, lemon juice, garlic powder, and some freshly chopped dill. That’s it. Add a few more drops of lemon juice or water if you would like to thin out your sauce.
Serving the Oven Poached Salmon
Serve the oven poached salmon immediately. Dress with yogurt dill sauce and garnish with dill. Serve with additional dill yogurt sauce and some fresh lemon if desired. Salmon will be moist, tender, and full of flavor.
Oven Poached Salmon With Yogurt Dill Sauce
- 1 lb salmon, deboned and skin removed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 each lemons, peeled zest and juice
- 1 bunch dill, chopped reserve a few sprigs for poaching
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 0.25 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F. Place lemon zest, garlic, parsley, a few springs of dill, and water in a baking dish. Season salmon with salt. Place salmon in baking dish on top of other ingredients. Cover baking dish and put dish in oven. Salmon should be done in about 20 minutes, when salmon is just cooked through. Internal temperature should be about 125 deg. F.
- While salmon is cooking in oven, make the dill yogurt sauce. Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, juice of one lemon, chopped dill, and garlic powder. Season with salt. Adjust consistency of sauce to your liking with lemon juice and/or water.
- Let salmon rest for five minutes after coming out of oven. Serve immediately with dill yogurt sauce.