Mary’s chicken breast poached in white wine, herbs, and mirepoix base vegetables is an easy way to produce juicy and aromatic chicken every time.
Mary’s Chicken Poached in White Wine
Oven poaching chicken in white wine is a great technique to get juicy and aromatic chicken without much work. Chicken poached in white wine is tender and flavorful. These are Mary’s organic chicken breast, but you can use any chicken you have. Besides the Mary’s chicken breasts, I used:
- Dry White Wine (at room temperature)
- Herbs: Fresh thyme and rosemary
- Garlic: Full cloves are ok
- Mirepoix base vegetables: chopped onion, carrot, and celery
Oven Poached Chicken Breasts
Arrange chicken in an oven safe pan so that they aren’t touching. Cover chicken with white wine, herbs, garlic, and mirepoix. Cover the pan and put into a 400 deg. F oven. Poach chicken in white wine in oven for about 45 minutes, or until cooked through and internal temperature is 165 deg. F.
When finished cooking, remove poached chicken from wine and let rest for a few minutes. After resting, serve immediately. Some ideas:
- after poaching, sear the chicken breast to get some golden brown color and crisp up the skin
- dice chicken and use in a salad or in pasta
- serve each chicken breast whole with a sauce
Some great sauce ideas for chicken breast: